Gold prices are calculated by weight. There are several methods of weighing in the precious metals and gemstone markets. The most commonly used is the troy system (TROY), a troy system (TROY) ounce is about 31.10 grams; and a regular ounce is about 28.35 grams.
This price is in US dollars per ounce of gold. A rise in the price of gold will affect the currency prices of some countries.
There are three main types of price of gold in the world: market price, production price and quasi-official price. All other gold prices are derived from this.
This is a price used by central banks for activities related to official gold. In the quasi-official price, it is divided into mortgage price and bookkeeping price. The total official reserves of the world’s central banks (which tend to be the largest holders of gold in each country) were approximately 34,000 tons in 1998. Based on today’s production capacity, this is equivalent to 13 years of world gold mine production, and accounts for 24.7% of the 137,400 tons of all mined gold stocks, an important factor in determining the quasi-official gold price.
The international gold price refers to the price at which gold is traded in the international gold market. The international gold price fluctuates every day. Generally, the London gold market is the standard. The international gold price has an opening price, a middle price and a closing price.
On August 5, 2020, the price of gold broke through US$2,033 per ounce, setting a new record.
International gold price calculation, first of all your first look at the London gold price or Hong Kong gold price, London gold price in ounces, 2012 gold price is 1254 U.S. dollars / ounce, the formula 1254 * 6.8 (U.S. dollar exchange rate probably) / 31.1035 (1 ounce = 31.1035 grams) Hong Kong gold price is to Hong Kong two units is 11570 Hong Kong dollars / Hong Kong two formula 11570 * 0.882 (Hong Kong dollar exchange rate of roughly 0.882) = 10204.74 yuan.
In October 2012, the international gold price fell sharply, dragged down by the continuation of the European debt crisis and the unsatisfactory macro data in the United States, the international gold price fell sharply, risk aversion regained the dominance, and risk assets fell across the board. The only four Lian Yin that I have seen in the past. The international gold price fell sharply at the press release. The main contract of gold futures for December delivery in New York COMEX fell 2.11% intraday, down $34.70 per ounce, and reported $1612.30 intraday, with the lowest dropping to $1606.80.
At the beginning of May 2019, the price of gold climbed all the way. As of 14:00 pm on August 8, the price of gold reached $1,506 per ounce.
The price of gold hit an all-time high of $1,900 an ounce in September 2011.
The main factor affecting the trend of gold is the U.S. dollar index. Since the disintegration of the Bretton Woods system, the correlation between gold and the U.S. dollar index has been above -0.7. Since 2019, central banks around the world have started to cut interest rates in response to the economic downturn. The Federal Reserve also started at the end of July. The first rate cut in 10 years marks that the United States may enter a rate cut cycle, which is the main logic of gold’s rise.
On September 11, 2001, the New York Mercantile Exchange COMEX-December gold futures closed at $280 per ounce; on September 6, 2011, after hitting a record high of $1,922, gold closed at $1,873 on that day. /ounce. In ten years, the price of gold has risen by 669%.
- Gold price hits nine-month low as dollar reaches two-decade high - MINING.COM MINING.com
- Gold Price Forecast: XAUUSD advances to $1740, after reaching a 9-month low near $1730 FXStreet
- Gold 'Too Early to Buy' as Silver Price Sets 2-Year Low Amid Recession Warnings | Gold News BullionVault
- Gold Price Forecast: Gold Most Oversold Since August 2021 DailyFX
- Gold price remains near support at $1730 as Fed Minutes reveal no major surprises Kitco NEWS
- View Full Coverage on Google News
- Gold Silver Prices Today: Early trade of Thursday, gold rates decline, silver rates rise The Indian Express
- Gold price decreases by Rs 1,400 per tola Myrepublica
- Gold Price Recap: June 13 - June 17 GoldPrice.org
- Gold prices down again Dhaka Tribune
- Gold Price Recap: June 6 - June 10 GoldPrice.org
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 07 July 2022 Daily Pakistan Global
- Gold price remains trapped after U.S., Canada, Britain, and Japan ban new Russian gold imports Kitco NEWS
- Markets in chaos: Gold price down $50, Bitcoin price hits lowest level since December 2020, stocks plunge Kitco NEWS
- Gold price, Bitcoin price react as Fed's Powell says another 75bps hike possible in July, 'softish landing' depends more on external factors Kitco NEWS
- Expert: Macro Market Drivers Supportive of US$2,000 Gold Price Investing News Network
- Gold Rate in Pakistan Today - 7 July 2022 Independent News Coverage Pakistan
- Gold prices down but off their lows as U.S. CPI hits new 40-year high; rising 8.6% in May Kitco NEWS
- VIDEO — Brien Lundin: Gold Price Doesn't Make Sense, Tipping Point for the Fed Investing News Network
- Gold price remains under pressure even as UofM consumer sentiment falls to 50-year low; inflation expectations rise Kitco NEWS
- Gold price at daily highs as U.S. manufacturing PMI reveals sharp slowdown in the U.S. economy Kitco NEWS
- Gold Price Today, 9 June 2022: MCX gold weak on rise in US bonds, may hit Rs 51,150; check support, resistance The Financial Express
- Advances in Technology: A Gold Price Calculator Revolutionizing the Precious Metals Market Analytics Insight
- Gold Rate In Pakistan Today, 23rd June 2022 Daily Times
- Losing their shine: 3 ASX 200 gold shares hitting new 52-week lows today The Motley Fool Australia
- The gold price is surging on inflation and Ukraine fears. Here’s where UBS sees it going this year Fortune
- Gold Price Drops Below $1900 as Dollar Jumps, China and Ukraine Whack Stocks and Commodities | Gold News BullionVault
- Gold Price Recap: December 27 - December 31 GoldPrice.org
- U.S. yields are hurting the gold price Kitco NEWS
- Gold Price Preview: May 16 - May 20 GoldPrice.org
- Gold Price Recap: March 21 - March 25 GoldPrice.org
- Gold price drops by Rs 46 amid weak global trends Business Today
- Gold Price Today, 25 May 2022: Gold prices fall on weak global cues, likely to remain steady; buy on dips The Financial Express
- Gold price remains under pressure following sharp drop in New York Fed Empire State Survey Kitco NEWS
- Gold price still on pace to push above $2000 as stagflation, recession risks rise - In Gold We Trust Kitco NEWS
- What's this year's 'potential end game'? Gold price at $2500, oil price at $50 - Bloomberg Intelligence Kitco NEWS
- Gold Price Recap: November 15 - November 19 GoldPrice.org
- World Bank Predicts 3% Gold Price Growth, Expert Says a $3K per Ounce 'Is More Likely Than Not' – Interview Bitcoin News Bitcoin News
- Gold price remains stuck at $1800 as New York Fed reports -11.6 reading in Empire State Survey Kitco NEWS
- Gold price holding support above $1850 after New York Fed president said he sees inflation falling back to 2% by 2024 Kitco NEWS
- Gold price at $10k, silver at $500 due to 'a decade of shortage', says Goehring & Rozencwajg Kitco NEWS
- Gold price continues to consolidate as Fed's Powell reiterates hawkish stance; ECB's Lagarde remains patient Kitco NEWS
- Gold Is Cheaper Now Than in 1980 Yahoo Finance
- Gold price holding steady below $1950 as U.S. weekly jobless claims fall to new 53-year low Kitco NEWS
- Gold Price Near 2-Week Lows Ahead of the Fed as Inflation's 2-Edged Sword Whacks US Retail Sales | Gold News BullionVault
- From one of the worst to best-performing assets? Gold price to tackle $2100 by year-end, says Wells Fargo Kitco NEWS
- Energy crisis to trigger gold price bull run when inflationary mindset takes hold – Goehring & Rozencwajg Kitco NEWS